Creating the perfect logo is a process that should not be taken lightly. Your logo is the first introduction of your company to your clients and it is imperative that you make sure that the first impression lasts the longest.
Here are a few tips to make sure you choose the best first impression for your company:
- Be unique, creative and clever: A logo is what helps distinguish a brand from its competitors, so it’s important that the image stands out from the rest.
- Understand your brand: Your logo must be able to reach and communicate with your target audience, so make sure you get a pool of resources that inspire you and your brand and be wary of choosing aesthetics rather than ‘portraying a specific message’. Every logo has some kind of history, filled with meaning and purpose.
- Keep it easy, flexible and simple: When having a logo designed, keep it simple – you want people to immediately recognise your brand. You don’t want them to have to stare at it to try and figure out what’s going on. Keep it timeless – you don’t want to have to redo your logo every two years.
- Colour IS important: Here are some
colourtheories to keep in mind when choosing your brand’s core message:
- Red: energetic, sexy, bold, powerful
- Orange: creative, friendly, youthful
- Yellow: sunny, inventive, optimism
- Green: growth, organic, instructional, natural
- Blue: professional, medical, tranquil, trustworthy
- Purple: spiritual, wise, evocative
- Black: credible and powerful
- White: simple, clean, pure, peaceful
- Pink: fun, flirty, cute, playful
- Brown: rural, historic, steady
Are you looking at getting your company started? Maybe it’s time for a rebrand? Let us help you convey the right message to your clients while keeping your brand simple, timeless and memorable.
Take a look at our gallery, which includes a small selection of the logos we have worked on.